• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CBM Setup - Plan Properties for disk use/space

R

RickR

What's the difference between the Plan Properties Disk Space, Allowed Disk Space Soft Limit?

I assume that I limit the client's real physical disk space usage with "Disk Space" so what is the Soft Limit? Is the Soft Limit used to restrict the client's disk space usage?

Where can I find additional documentation on Plan Properties? The online help is basically a blank page and the Admin PDF file does not have any detailed information on the Properties.

Help documentation isn't helping...

Igor thank you for your response. I have downloaded all of the Plesk 10 documentation that I could find. However, the documentation is not providing substantial information.

I've attached a screen shot, cbmPlanProperties.jpg, of the Plan Properties to show that there isn't any "notes" or "suggestions" pertaining to the specific properties.

I've attached a screen shot, cbmDocPlanProperties.jpg, that shows the BusMgrAdmin documentation does not provide any specific or detailed information regarding the Plan Property settings and what they actually do and what they are for. Yes, some of the properties are obvious and I can assume what some of the properties are for.

I've attached a screen shot, cbmPlanPropertiesOnlineHelp.jpg, that shows the online help for CBM does not have any detailed information regarding what each of the properties do.

I've attached another screen shot, cbmDocPlanGenLedger.jpg, that shows detailed information about how to set up General Ledger Accounts and what certain settings are for.

Can you direct me to where the detailed definitions of the Plan Properties is?

Thank you.

Attachments

• cbmPlanProperties.jpg
    cbmPlanProperties.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2
  • cbmDocPlanProperties.jpg
    cbmDocPlanProperties.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1
  • cbmPlanPropertiesOnlineHelp.jpg
    cbmPlanPropertiesOnlineHelp.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1
  • cbmDocPlanGenLedger.jpg
    cbmDocPlanGenLedger.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 1
Parallels needs to be proactive here...

I would have expected a simple answer in relative short time but I keep forgetting that this is as good as it gets here.

FYI: for future reference click the Help link at the top of the page which opens the online help, in the contents scroll down to Appendix D. Appendix D shows some of the property details but not all. Under the Web Limits section we can see the definition for Allowed Disk Space, Allowed Disk Space Soft Limit.

At present Soft Limit:
Allowed Disk Space Soft Limit. This is the so-called soft quota: when it is exceeded, the user account and domain names/web sites are not suspended automatically, only the appropriate notices are sent to your and your customer's e-mail addresses and the resource overage is indicated by the icon shown in your and your customer's control panels to the left of the user name or domain name. You can also specify disk space allocated for each domain.

Back