• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 6 and Plesk 9

CentOS 6 will not be supported by Plesk 9.x versions.

The maximum quantity of operating systems will be supported by version 10.x because this version has the greatest priority for development.

Sure, but is there some reason or component that is on Centos6 that would break plesk 9?

I see RHEL 6 is supported now when using Plesk 9.5.4. Since CentOS 6 is binary compatible with RHEL 6 I'd expect it'd be pretty easy to support CentOS 6 as well. But it's not going to happen?

any news on this?

its easy to install plesk 9.5.4 on centos 6 by replacing the redhat-release link to centos-release file and create a new file with content

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)

But i rather see an official supported version.
Or is parrallels so determent to push the 10.x monstrosity that its willing to lose a few clients over it?

Do not understand why 10.x is 'monstrosity'?
Plesk 8.x and 9.x trained some users and providers to want a single Panel not separate Admin and customer Control Panel views like other control panels. Plesk 10.4 has an optional unified Admin Panel that embeds the customer Control Panel. This will be the default now for any upgrades from 8.x and 9.x. It is also easily selectable in the View Chooser in Plesk 10.4.

- we install everything from 1 perfectly installed master disk. With a testkey of 14 days this became impossible.

- I dont want many different views where everything is on tig places, i want 1 clean view. 1 button at 1 place to create 1 mailbox
- i dont want 5 free viruskiller accounts. This pushes me to take the other overpices ones too. never heard of clamav?
- i dont want subscription, i want clean domains so many mailboxes etc...
- i dont want a "web precence bs", the whole world calls it sitebuilder
- i dont want a sitebuilder
- i dont want application vault, i am using installatron
- i dont want my clients bying things from plesk partners
- i dont want to explane to you why plesk 10 is not for us

I WANT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION

a question i have now asked at about a dozen people and places in parallels and no one is willing to answer me.
Nice customer support.

As far is i am conserned plesk 8.6 was the last of the great plesk products and i should know i am using plesk from version 1.3. I am willing (reluctent) to switch to plesk 9.5.4 because you can hide most of the mess and i can make an install master with it. I want to switch to centos 6 and if i could, i would even do it with plesk 8.6

Why is there a version for rhel 6 and not for centos 6? are you sponsered by redhat????

Last edited:
Why do you ppl always undermine your own answers????

Parallels Plesk Panel 9
End of Life / Support
June 9, 2013

June 9, 2013
June 9, 2013
June 9, 2013
June 9, 2013

https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
General Availability
November 10, 2010

The lifecycle of centos is the same as redhat. So plesk 9.5.4 is 2.5 years supported after the release of redhat/centos

you admit yourself that plesk 9.5.4 is supported till 2013 THEN SUPPORT IT
where is my plesk 9.5.4 for centos 6 ?????

you admit yourself that plesk 9.5.4 is supported till 2013 THEN SUPPORT IT
where is my plesk 9.5.4 for centos 6 ?????

Supported doesn't necessarily mean supported on all operating systems of course.

I don't understand the logic either though. Only Plesk 10 is supported on CentOS 6, while both Plesk 9 and Plesk 10 are supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (which is binary compatible with CentOS 6).

Same problem here....

I have Plesk 9 license, I wasn't using Plesk anymore, because is too limited and hard to keep my services updated without plesk dumb packages dependencies system.

But now, I want to install it back, just to keep using the license I already both in the past... Oh another surprise.

Your team is getting every day better! Keep that way, maybe the next license come togheter with Intel license limitations new system. What you will be possible to use some few versions of plesk in a limited options of processors. That way you make easy money ;) or... lose clients, whatever.

Plesk 9 is fully compatible with Centos 6.0 the auto-installer just don't work because they want sell new license, just trhow it in the face your clients, is simplier. We are here just to you take our money.

Or give a FAQ for how to bypass the your own failures, to keep us happy and give us the choise to upgrade because the new version is better not because you joined new version of BSD and other free services as supported things.

When I buy first time in Plesk 6, I dosen't know that filosofy by parallels, is so sadly, if I knowed that time, I had never buy any license, or upgrade my one some times until version 9.

You are not selling a service, you are selling a jail for your clients.

Back