• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CentOS 7 and TLS1.3 with Let'sEncrypt. How is this possible ?

OverWolf

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm on CentOS 7.9.2009 with openssl 1.0.2 and Plesk 18.0.39u1 with Let's Encrypt 2.13.7 and my websites have a connection encrypted with TLS 1.3. How is this is possible ? I know that I can setup and use TLS 1.3 with openssl 1.1.1k and more (for example with CentOs8).

Other question about chipers priority; I have seen that connection use for TLS 1.3 is TLS_AES_256 but I would like to change it with TLS_AES_128. How can I do it if I haven't configured any chipers for TLS 1.3 ?

Thank you in advance

TLSv1.3 for websites on CentOS 7 only works if you are using nginx for your websites. The nginx version that comes with Plesk is compiled against OpenSSL 1.1.1 and has TLSv1.3 support, while Apache httpd is provided by the OS vendor (Redhat/CentOS) and has no TLSv1.3 support.

Regarding ciphers: Have a look here:

Hi Monty,

thank you very much for your support.
For ciphers, can I configure them only with plesk bin server_pref ? So is ssl.conf in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ useless ?

Back