• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue CentOS 7 Bind does not start - Plesk 12.5

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

Having issues with a fresh installation of CentOS 7 where bind does not start via Plesk or SSH. It worked in the beginning, then stopped working randomly. Here are the errors:

Plesk UI /Tools & Settings / Services management: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: ('start', 'dns'). Error:

SSH
[root@host ~]# systemctl status named.service -l

named.service - Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS)

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/named.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2016-06-28 13:51:17 EDT; 25s ago

Process: 2795 ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c if [ ! "$DISABLE_ZONE_CHECKING" == "yes" ]; then /usr/sbin/named-checkconf -z /etc/named.conf; else echo "Checking of zone files is disabled"; fi (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: zone DOMAIN1.com/IN: loading from master file edevelopermode.com failed: file not found

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: zone DOMAIN1.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: _default/DOMAIN1.com/IN: file not found

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: zone DOMAIN2.in/IN: loading from master file DOMAIN2.in failed: file not found

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: zone DOMAIN2.in/IN: not loaded due to errors.

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com bash[2795]: _default/DOMAIN2.in/IN: file not found

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com systemd[1]: named.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS).

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com systemd[1]: Unit named.service entered failed state.

Jun 28 13:51:17 host.HOSTNAMEDOMAIN.com systemd[1]: named.service failed.

==========================

I tried the following and it has not resolved the issue
https://kb.plesk.com/en/125375
https://kb.plesk.com/en/125537

Please advise as soon as possible, thanks guys.

It is hard to predict, probably will affect if PLESk guys not found a solution to avoid issues on upgrade. Strange was that happened on many servers (only I got on 2). I did not tried to start from PLESk because I am not an interface guy, sry. But theoretically will not work, cause is an another service.

It is hard to predict, probably will affect if PLESk guys not found a solution to avoid issues on upgrade. Strange was that happened on many servers (only I got on 2). I did not tried to start from PLESk because I am not an interface guy, sry. But theoretically will not work, cause is an another service.

Thanks for the response! I see. How about handling, adding and editing DNS records in Plesk? Will this still work?

Please advise, thanks.

Should work, because that is not connected to the service management. That will write in named.conf and that will work.

Should work, because that is not connected to the service management. That will write in named.conf and that will work.

Excellent. Thanks. Hopefully Plesk team can chime in and resolve this issue without this modification. I can't imagine this hasn't been fixed by Plesk.

Any advice guys?

Have you submitted for https://kb.plesk.com/en/125375 your issue to Was this article helpful? field? Special ticket to KB Team will be created.

Describe there, what exactly doesn't work in solution for your case.

Back