• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Centos 7 plesk 12 add new IP

Iulian_Olaru

New Pleskian
Dear friends,
I have the latest centos 7 and plesk 12 installed on a dedicated server and i wish to add a new IP to use on a specific website. However, when i am trying to add the IP in plesk i am getting the following error:

Code:
Error: ifmng failed: sh: /sbin/ifconfig: No such file or directory /sbin/ifconfig 'eth0:1' '85.214.93.196' netmask '255.255.255.255' up exited with non-zero status 127

I have read somewhere on the forum that installing iptables can fix this but cents 7 is using the new firewald and i am wondering if in the future such a change will not affect the well being of the overall server.

Is there any solution to this problem or will there be a fix from Plesk in the near future ?

Hi Iulian_Olaru,

on CentOS 7 "net-tools" have to be installed manually, because it's not a basic installation part.

yum install net-tools
... should fix your issue.

This fixed the problem and i thank you very much. I had 2 websites on a shared ip. Now, i have assigned the new ip to one website and the old shared ip to the other website. The new ip opens the wrong website ... should dns update or is it an issue ?

I have to mention that they both run on the interface eth0
I also have to mention that when i ping the website its still pointing to the old IP

Last edited:
Hi Iulian_Olaru,

please make sure to reconfigure your domains with:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Depending on your providers nameserver, where the IP is hosted, it may take as well up to 48 hours, untill all worldwide DNS - servers are synched.

Hi Iulian_Olaru,

I can only point again to nameservers issue, when you changed an IP for a domain. Be sure, that you as well assigned the new IP on the domain - providers nameserver and not only on your server.

For example, if you rented a server from "best-server-provider-of-the-world.com" and got the IP(s) over the provider, but you registered a domain at "best-domain-provider-of-the-world.com", then be sure, that you changed the new IP at the "best-domain-provider-of-the-world.com" nameserver control panel as well.... AND please wait untill all DNS - servers worldwide are synched, which can take up to 48 hours.

If you still experience issues after this 48 hours, sorry to say that, then you will have to provide some personel, detailled informations about the domain and IP for investigations.

Thank you for the detailed information UFHH01. I did not know about this and you are right, there are additional configurations that need to be made. Thank you again.

Back