• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue This IP address is not configured properly

NTS-Luke

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Users> I wonder if you could help me with a strange and ongoing issue. Ever since upgrading to Obsidian, our websites will randomly, but weekly, stop working due to an IP configuration error. We have 5 websites and each and everyone will show this error.

This IP address is not configured properly

Whilst hitting REPAIR on each website works, there are regular down periods between my shifts where all the websites are down. We are using private servers from FASTHOST, and I spent months of back and fourth with their technical support team trying to figure out the problem. In the end, we decided to shift over to a new server, with a fresh Plesk install. However, after a couple of months of everything running fine, this issue has once again started.

This is a fresh install of Plesk, the website were manually transferred over using Updraft, so there was no configuration or files transferred over from the other server apart from the WordPress websites.

Upon running Diagnose & Repair, the Web & FTP Servers shows this error

ifmng failed: Execution of /sbin/ip addr add **.**.**.18/255.255.255.255 dev eth0 label eth0:3 failed with return code 2. Stderr is RTNETLINK answers: File exists Last error is Resource temporarily unavailable

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue permanently?

Thanks
Luke

Hello Luke,

Do you have a static or dynamic IP?
Could you please provide your Plesk version by executing this CLI command (requires ssh access)?:
Code:
plesk version

Do you have a 'Repair' button near the IP address in question in "Tools&Settings > IP Addresses"? If yes, please try to repair the broken IP address either clicking the button or running (requires ssh access):
Code:
plesk bin ipmanage --repair X.X.X.X

What is the status of the IP in Plesk database (example of a query)?
Code:
plesk db "select status from IP_Addresses where ip_address = 'X.X.X.X'";

Hello Luke,

Could you please provide your Plesk version by executing this CLI command (requires ssh access)?:
Code:
plesk version

Do you have a 'Repair' button near the IP address in question in "Tools&Settings > IP Addresses"? If yes, please try to repair the broken IP address either clicking the button or running (requires ssh access):
Code:
plesk bin ipmanage --repair X.X.X.X

Code:
plesk db "select status from IP_Addresses where ip_address = 'X.X.X.X'";
STATIC

Plesk version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.2

Do you have a 'Repair' button
Yes a repair button appears and usually fixes the issue. But then it happens again around a week later.

I'm unsure of how to access this.

Hi, I´ve got the same problem. I´ve created a dedicated IP but the message is the same "This IP address is not configured properly".

I´ve tried the button "Reread" and the button "Repair" and also, run the command for repairing in the console but all of them sith no result.

I´ve run the command "plesk db "select status from IP_Addresses where ip_address = '82.165.10.78'";" and the result is "status 1"

I see that I had no ""/etc/network/interfaces"" file

This is my plesk version:
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56.2
OS version: Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64

So, what can I do for solving the issue?

Back