• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

CentOS host & programmes aspx / Vb.net

GrégoryD

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am currently in the process of testing Plesk Panel on CentOS, for a school project, but I'd like to host a programmed aspx / Vb.net on CentOS site. Is this possible?
in the configuration "Apache ASP support" is locked off. where to change this configuration?
thank you

I'm not sure but I think that using Plesk for Windows version would be more suitable for your purpose.

You will NOT be entirely successful running Windows technologies on Linux :)
Much as there libraries that can bridge the 2, it would cost you money and time to do a simple thing ...

So, I installed xsp and mono
Code:
[root@VMplesk Greg]# xsp --version
xsp2.exe 2.10.2.0
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc.
Minimalistic web server for testing System.Web
[root@VMplesk Greg]# mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.6 (tarball Mon Mar  5 10:13:25 UTC 2012)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-pro                  ject.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  amd64
        Disabled:      none
        Misc:          debugger softdebug
        LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)

However its not working.

For asp.net, error on web.config :
for asp.net/vb.net -> http://misoss.org/.../vbnet.aspx
for asp.net/c# -> http://misoss.org/.../c_sharp.aspx
my web.config -> http://misoss.org/.../web.config.txt

And asp isn't translated :
http://misoss.org/.../test.asp

I can't change the settings of my domain in plesk, the checkbox is lock.
http://misoss.org/.../asp-lock.jpg

Last edited:
Is there support for plesk customers, I find few answers to my questions seems to be basic, as are web host I can not have a server out of service for weeks pending answers

This is a user-to-user forum, where fellow Plesk users will answer questions/give advice if they want to.

What you are trying to do is unusual to say the least, so there won't be many people here who are likely to be able to help.

Essentially you are trying to use Microsoft (Windows-type) technologies under Linux, and while there are some tools to help you with that, in a hosting environment pretty much nobody will be doing it.

Most companies will have Windows servers running the Windows version of Plesk in order to offer customers the type of features you want (though as I don't use the Windows version, I can't really make any specific comments on the features it provides).

Secondly, the problems you are having would be better addressed in forums dedicated to the tools you are trying to use. This forum is really for help with Plesk itself, and Plesk doesn't really come into the equation for what you are trying to do.

I'm sorry nobody has been able to help, but really this isn't the best place to be asking.

Ok, I understand, I sent a letter to the office located in paris for information on products plesk before starting this project that it was no answer unfortunately. If the forum is the user-to-user there must be support for professionals?

I'm leaning on the link -> wiki - Comparison of web hosting control panels
or it is not written that it is only compatible on Windows (for Aspx), you should request a correction or make a page detailing the services of the different platforms

Forums dedicated to the tools I use, tell me they do not deal with product features plesk, so I have to do with the reseller of parralles plesk ... the cat is biting its tail ^ ^

The wiki article is factually correct. It is just that whoever created t did not distinguish between Plesk for Windows and Plesk for Linux.
Using a Plesk trial key is the best option, as you can then try everything for 14 or 21 days and know exactly what is or is not possible.

Regarding those other forums, I think maybe you need to take Plesk out of the equation. Don't say "my system runs plesk". Say I use Centos and Apache etc etc. Yes, Plesk may get in the way of certain things and cause problems that would not occur on a plain Centos system with manually installed apache etc, but to be honest when it comes to apache modules and add-ons I have not come across any issues so far.

Support direct from Plesk is available by buying an individual support ticket or an annual support subscription. HOWEVER, this support is for Plesk and Plesk-related problems. Help with installing a third party module/whatever in order to support a language or technology that is not a standard part of Plesk is not really covered. You would need the help of the module/technology creator instead - maybe you could see if they offer a professional support option. It isn't chicken and egg really. It is just that maybe the people responding to your question didn't know Plesk, didn't know how it works, and felt that you should be talking to Parallels and not them simply because they misunderstood your problem, or maybe they suspected Plesk really was getting in the way of their software. I don't really know.

My advice is to start with a plain vanilla Centos and Apache, with no Plesk, and see if you can install everything you need to install that way. If you encounter problems, turn to the appropriate forums to help resolve them. Resolving these problems may help you resolve the same problems when you have Plesk installed.

Back