• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS Upgrades

H

hakkrdan

Hello, all -

I've been using Linux for quite a while, and know how to administer a server quite well. It's a daily practice for me.

I haven't touched my CentOS 3.3 server running Plesk 7.5.4, in quite a while. It's been my experience that Plesk is very very picky about the underlying operating system, and I've had upgrades of the system itself (Apache, BIND, etc etc) actually break Plesk.

I just wanted to know what everyone else thought about updating packages as part of the core system, and how PLesk should react. Ideally, of course, Plesk wouldn't react - it would simply do it's job independently, on top of what is already installed.

If anyone could provide me with some feedback and experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said, I really do know what I'm doing, but I'm extremely hesitant about updating this machine, for fear of breaing Plesk.

Thanks!
-dant

Back