• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Centos8 migration

Novadiei

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a question regarding Centos 8. The problem is that we have a couple of servers running Centos 8 and updates are not available anymore because EOL.

We want to keep the updates running and having everything up to date as much as possible. That being said, what do you recommend?

Is there an easy way of changing OS from Centos 8 to something else? Both of the servers are running Plesk 18.0.41.

Any way to change OS with no downtime? There is a lot of subscriptions running on them.

Thanks, appreciated.

you can easily switch from centos 8 to almalinux

See:

you can easily switch from centos 8 to almalinux

See:

Okay, thanks I will give it a try, hope everything works out

Okay, thanks I will give it a try, hope everything works out
Hi there, can you please let me know how much time did the migration took in your case? I have a couple of servers in the same situation and I want to properly prepare any downtime or related issues before everything collapses...

Hi there, can you please let me know how much time did the migration took in your case? I have a couple of servers in the same situation and I want to properly prepare any downtime or related issues before everything collapses...
only a few minutes. we switched about 30 servers within 2-3 hours

only a few minutes. we switched about 30 servers within 2-3 hours

Thank you for your reply. Everything went well after the migration? No compatibility issues?

Back