• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Central Library for PHP

Florian M.

New Pleskian
Hallo,
I'd like to know if Plesk supports to set up a central library for PHP, that all virtual hosts can access.
That would solve the problem for me to keep up to date every local Version of my php.
If Plesk supports to set up a central library, give me a hint how.
Thank You

What do you mean by "local version of my php"?
Sorry, English is not my common language.
With "local version of my php" I mean my php-code that I place in locally (local in the virtual host), copy by copy.
It would be more efficient to access this libraries located in a global place (global to the host).
If I want to change some code, it is to do only in one (global) place, and not in several (local) places where the code is used.
I hope this is a more precise description of my issue.

I see, you mean a content distribution network of your own. This can be done very easily. Steps:
1) Create any domain or subdomain. That domain can, but does not have to reside on the same host.
2) Upload your library files into that domain.
3) Set allow_url_include and allow_url_fopen to "true" in your projects.
4) Include the files from the URL that you have chosen in (1).

Providing a locally accessible directory on your hard disk can also be done, but I find that more difficult and more dangerous. You can create a location on your hard disk and add that location to the open basedir variable in the PHP settings to allow your subscriptions to access that directory "outside" their own webspace. I dislike that idea, though, because it is then generally possible to also write to that location while the approach through the domain as described above does not allow write operations, but read only.

Thank you for your help.
I recoginzed that my question isn't a plesk-topic.
I meant the locally accessible directory on the hard disk.
Just because I'm interested: Why you consider the local accessible directory more dangerous than using a subdomain that everyone is able access?

Just because I'm interested: Why you consider the local accessible directory more dangerous than using a subdomain that everyone is able access?
If a hacker gains access to one of your sites, he can also access the local library and modify files in that library. This will break or infect all other websites that are using files from that repository.

Back