1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Question Centralized DNS for Multi Server / Release date?

Discussion in 'Plesk Multi Server' started by Julian Johannsen, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Julian Johannsen

Julian Johannsen New Pleskian

70%
    Dear all,

i have a few questions and i hope you can answer it.

I run a test environment. A management node and a service node. Two dedicated BIND DNS servers are set up on the service node (Slave DNS Extension). These act as slave DNS servers.

I want use the following setup:

- Management Node
    - Service Node
    - DNS 1 (Bind), dedicated
    - DNS 2 (Bind), dedicated

If i create a subscription on any Service Node, i want to update DNS 1 (Master) and DNS 2 (Slave). Actually the Service Node is automatically set up as Master DNS. Is there any solution to solve this planned intention? It would be very nice, when we can add our DNS Servers in the Management Node for all Service Nodes.

When is the DNS service centralized for Plesk Multi Server available?

Thank you for your solutions and ideas.
    Julian

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Anthony

Anthony Basic Pleskian Staff Member

Hi @Julian Johannsen

Thank you for your questions.

The using of Plesk Multi Server + Slave DNS manager is the only solutions that we have right now.

You can do this by specifying the required DNS Servers in Tools&Settings > DNS Template on the Multi Server Master node. The changes will be automatically synced to all service nodes and used during new subscriptions creation.

It is planned but we do not provide the exact ETA. I don't know when it will be implemented.