• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Centralized DNS for Multi Server / Release date?

Julian Johannsen

Basic Pleskian
Dear all,

i have a few questions and i hope you can answer it.

I run a test environment. A management node and a service node. Two dedicated BIND DNS servers are set up on the service node (Slave DNS Extension). These act as slave DNS servers.

I want use the following setup:

- Management Node
- Service Node
- DNS 1 (Bind), dedicated
- DNS 2 (Bind), dedicated

If i create a subscription on any Service Node, i want to update DNS 1 (Master) and DNS 2 (Slave). Actually the Service Node is automatically set up as Master DNS. Is there any solution to solve this planned intention? It would be very nice, when we can add our DNS Servers in the Management Node for all Service Nodes.

When is the DNS service centralized for Plesk Multi Server available?

Thank you for your solutions and ideas.
Julian

Last edited:
Hi @Julian Johannsen

Thank you for your questions.

Is there any solution to solve this planned intention?
The using of Plesk Multi Server + Slave DNS manager is the only solutions that we have right now.

we can add our DNS Servers in the Management Node for all Service Nodes.
You can do this by specifying the required DNS Servers in Tools&Settings > DNS Template on the Multi Server Master node. The changes will be automatically synced to all service nodes and used during new subscriptions creation.

When is the DNS service centralized for Plesk Multi Server available?
It is planned but we do not provide the exact ETA. I don't know when it will be implemented.

Back