• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Certificate failed to migrate

dataanywhere

New Pleskian
Hello, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I just completed a migration of a domain from 8.2.1 into 10.2.0. At first glance everything migrated fine with the exception of the certiificate from the old server. Below is the log from the migration manager. I'm mostly concerned about the first error ("Certificate does not exist"), and I know it didn't work because the certificate is not listed when I go to the SSL Certificates on the new 10.2.0 server. Any ideas (searching forums resulted in nothing for me)? The VM OS is a fresh Ubuntu 10.04-x86 from the EZ tempaltes download area. I installed Plesk, then performed this migrate. Nothing else on the server. Oh, and I replaced the actual IP and domain name with "<IP>" and "<TLD>" respectively in the copied log output below.

Thanks,
Geoff

Error: server ""

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php -u <IP> -ssl_certificate_ref 5c9555e52077aba92e04f2c3cecf7bfe failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Certificate does not exist.

Error: domain "<TLD>"
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/tomcat.php --update-service evangelbc.org -status domadm failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Tomcat support is not installed

Error: hosting "<TLD>"
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/aps.php --download-xml -catalog-url http://catalog.marketplace.parallels.com -package-name phpBook -package-version 1.50 -package-release 13 -sync failed with return code 3.
Stderr is
Operation too slow. Less than 500 bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds

It seems that the certificate was migrated within the domain itself, and it's listed in the psa.certificates table, but only the default certificate is listed when running

/opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php --ssl_list

Same when I select "Tools & Utilities - IP Addresses", only the default certificate is listed for SSL Certificate for the IP address. The IP address is a "dedicated" IP for the box.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff

Same issue

I have the same problem. I've tried migrating everything, or just one client, who has an SSL cert, and get the same message, which leaves the migration in a failed state.

When I try to migrate everything:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="error"><message code="InternalDtdValidationFailed" severity="error" id="7104677a-c2c1-4595-8ee5-e717dc4ba146"><description>Failed validation of the document with its internal DTD. The errors are: Element 'certificates': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( sb-config, backup-settings, server-preferences, spamassassin, grey-listing, virusfilter, kav-settings, coldfusion, gapps-services, events )..</description></message></execution-result>

When I migrate just the one client and domain:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="error"><object name="" type="server"><message code="NotSupportedOperation" severity="error" id="4bb94d11-ff18-432a-88ce-92617b02615b"><description>The operation is not supported: extractApsPackage not supported with RsyncContentUnpacker</description></message><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error" id="434a5755-b14e-4eb5-8dd4-8dd5379510ed"><description>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php -u 74.208.100.1 -ssl_certificate_ref 8ea7be7508aada91f2bd6881b0464074 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Certificate does not exist.

I ended up just adding the certificate manually within Plesk.

On the new server, go to "Tools & Utilities", then "SSL Certificates". Click "Add SSL Certificate", enter the appropriate name for the certificate (I used the domain name for the domain I'm requiring the certificate for), then paste the contents of "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" into the "Certificate" section and paste the contents of " -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" into the "Private Key" section, then click "Send Text".

Once you've done that, you can then go to "Tools & Utilities", then "IP Addresses" and select your domain-appropriate certificate for the specific IP address.

Thought about that

I had considered just going ahead, but I'm concerned that the cert wasn't the last thing to be moved, this domain is high traffic, a lot of files, databases, and mail, and I have a large # of other domains on it, as well.

I'm thinking I'm going to shut the web server off on the old machine, remove the cert, move everything, then re-add it to the new machine.

Back