• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Certificate for securing mail - cannot be set to NONE

lukebrenner

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Certificate for securing mail - cannot be set to NONE
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #24, CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz (8 core(s))
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
In Tools and Settings -> SSL Cerificates, there's no "NONE" option for "Certificate for securing mail". Which means that choosing a certificate is mandatory. I recently had the scenario where my Plesk default certificate (self signed) expired (after 1 year). I have renewed it, but now some of my clients ( strange enough, on Iphone only ) have problems accessing their mail, saying that the Plesk certificate is not trusted.

So a "none" option would be more than welcome.

Thank you.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
In Tools and Settings -> SSL Cerificates, there's no "NONE" option for "Certificate for securing mail"​
ACTUAL RESULT:
In Tools and Settings -> SSL Cerificates, there's no "NONE" option for "Certificate for securing mail"​
EXPECTED RESULT:
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

I'm also having the same problem after changing the default option "Unknown" to a Let's Encrypt certificate - i'm now unable to return to the original setting "Unknown" :(
This issue is very bad, because since Let's Encrypt implementation is not complete on Plesk, the signed certificate for all domains is the same as the "main domain" and this is not correct of couse, because customers usually use their own domain as mail server, as Plesk also instructs.
Please fix this issue!

I have found this post on Plesk Foruns:
Issue - certificate for securing mail

But i don't know what to do right now... :(

Back