• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Certificate for the Plesk is not updating

Piekielko

Basic Pleskian
I have a wildcard certificate from let's encrypt

The same certificate works for www, webmail and the postfix server but it doesn't work on port 8443. I can see nonstop the old certificate . The Plesk security certificate comes from the domain. I tried to add an independent certificate at admin/ssl-certificate/list, but that doesn't change anything. I can still see old data.

Hi Piekielko, It may have been cached in your browser. You have tried to check it in incognito mode. Try uploading it in the "tools and settings> SSL / TLS certificates" section, then mark it as the default for plesk.
2020-01-10_9-15-53.jpg

Greetings

I did it all - nothing works and I have and i see an old broken certificate for several days. I have been using Plesk for several years. For the first time, something like that happened to me.

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Przechwytywanie1.JPG
    Przechwytywanie1.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 25
HI

you seems to have the domains certificate used for the server. Below what you show us in your image there is a section "List of certificates in server pool".

Whats in there?
The certificate that you have there should be the one you use for securing your plesk. (a cert from the server pool, not the domains cert)

Cheers

It used to be no problem - earlier I used the domain added to the server.
I replaced the previous domain name (piekielko.com) with the default hostname of the server sd-138102.dedibox.fr and assigned the certificate "from the server pool". It works on this address without adding port 8443. if I write the domain along with port sd-138102.dedibox.fr:8443 then the certificate no longer works.

Cheers

lets do the following:
tools & settings - ssl/tls certificates - hit the "lets encrypt" button.
make sure the domain name you enter is your real servers name "sd-138102.dedibox.fr" , not the domain name you're using.
[This is under the assumption that the host name of your plesk matches the real server name sd-138102.dedibox.fr - and is not something like server1.piekielko.com]
hit renew.

list of server pool certs should have that cert listed. (get rid of others).

make sure (maybe redo) that the "Certificate for securing Plesk" is the server pool cert.

[am sending this in detail as you're correct > "if I write the domain along with port sd-138102.dedibox.fr:8443 then the certificate no longer works." > when checking the cert it still shows as belonging to piekielko.com . which makes me think you my have used the domain name for the cert creation above instead of the real servers name.]

Let us know the outcome please :)
Cheers

Last edited:
Back