• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Certificates not appearing at domain level

RossProactive

New Pleskian
Hi there - we're working with a new Plesk 12 server, I have migrated a bunch of sites from an old server, and all SSL enabled sites and certs have come across correctly, however if I add a new site, and SSL cert, the cert is not selectable at domain level, and is not being served at all.

My process is:

At settings level - create new CSR and enter certificate received from provider.
Then select this cert on the IP address management screen.

This has always worked, and presumably still should. But at domain level, Plesk is only allowing me to select the default cert. And even though I have linked the cert to the IP, it is not being served to browsers.

Any ideas peeps?

Forgot to add - my workaround of installing the cert at domain level does work, however the cert is not listed at settings level, which is a pain as I would like all certs to be listed on the settings page.

OK I have just seen http://talk.plesk.com/threads/ssl-certificate-problem.308004/

If I set the domain to Certificate not selected, it does at least serve the certificate correctly.

So it looks like, for new sites, you have to set the cert at domain level to be "Not Selected" before adding it at Settings level. And if you add the cert at domain level, it is not Selected at settings level, and not listed as a Certificate under settings, unless you imported the site from an earlier version of Plesk, in which case it does!!! Makes no sense to me but maybe this will help someone in future.

Back