• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cgroups enabled, graceful apache restart doesn't work

karam

Basic Pleskian
So, although am not sure if that's the problem, but we've changed nothing but buying cgroups extension, we directly noticed the problem of apache graceful restart.
As soon as we add any subdomain to any other domains, EVERY domain will have gateway problem for brief seconds.

I would like to ask someone using cgroups for confirming the same behavior. Thank you.

There are no known problems with cgroup and Apache graceful restart.
If you can clearly reproduce the problem and describe it in detail with error messages in the logs, then open the report here Reports

Changing the subdomain requires an Apache reload/restart. Is your GracefulShutdownTimeout still the same? If it's too short, queued reqs will be cut off.

Edit: too tired. Meant adding a subdomain makes a vhost change

- check apache logs.

Changing the subdomain requires an Apache reload/restart. Is your GracefulShutdownTimeout still the same? If it's too short, queued reqs will be cut off.

Edit: too tired. Meant adding a subdomain makes a vhost change

- check apache logs.
I see, well my current GracefulShutdownTimeout as shown in httpd.conf file is 3
I didn't change it at all.

I'll do more investigation on this, but thanks for the information you provided.

Apache restart intervall should no be less than 120 seconds. A potential system timeout for an Apache kill should not be less than 30 seconds on low-load systems, and not less than 2 minutes on high load systems to give the web server enough time for shutdown and restart.

Back