• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Change Apache Timeout

nhartsell

New Pleskian
I am working on importing a lot of info for a client using WP All Import and before I talk to them I wanted to see if their suggestion of changing the FCGID timeout fixed the issue. However I am not sure where to find this to be able to try updating it. Can anyone give me a little insight to this? Thanks in advance. Below is what WPAI wants me to change:

FCGID Timeouts (Apache): This is set in httpd.conf with FcgidIOTimeout. This is set in httpd.conf with FcgidIOTimeout. It determines how long mod_fcgid will wait while trying to perform a read or write. It should be set as high as your host will allow. In our experience 90 seconds is sufficient.​

Sorry for the amateur question here. I am not very familiar with Plesk.

OS‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Plesk version12.5.30 Update #56

any assistance I can get with this would be great. I was kinda thrown into Plesk and did a little training but it was super basic.

I need to know how to get in to where I can edit this file. Sorry... I just went back and ready my first reply to you and there was no question in it.

You will need to login to the Linux console of your server by SSH. From there, use an editor like vi or vim to edit the file. If you are unfamiliar with Linux operating system administration (or at least with logging in by SSH and editing a file), I suggest to either self-study online (you will find many guides on Google how to login by SSH and how to use vi) or to hire a professional who does it for you.

You will need to login to the Linux console of your server by SSH. From there, use an editor like vi or vim to edit the file. If you are unfamiliar with Linux operating system administration (or at least with logging in by SSH and editing a file), I suggest to either self-study online (you will find many guides on Google how to login by SSH and how to use vi) or to hire a professional who does it for you.

10-4. Thanks for your assistance!

Back