• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change data locations

CahitE

Basic Pleskian
Hello i want to change my plesk's
* Vhosts
* DNS
* Mail
* And other data locations

because i have a 73Gb scsi disk on my server for only OS the other scsis are arrayed as second disk and i want to use the second disk for all my plesk operations how should i do it ?

Ok i've tryed nearly everything about mounting firstly when i mount directly to the var folder it looses ex. var content , if i cut/paste var content into a new folder and put it back to new mounted var place this time server does not open itself because in the begining linux checking some configurations and saving logs into var file before disk mounted.

need better solution

per-domain data location

Is it possible to change email, dns & web data stores location to another physical disk for selected domains ONLY, not move the whole /var directory in plesk panel 10.x for linux?

You can't do it because these places are described in main Plesk config /etc/psa/psa.conf as variable for ALL domains. For example:

# Virtual hosts directory
HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /var/www/vhosts

# Qmail directory
QMAIL_ROOT_D /var/qmail

# Location of qmail maildirs
PLESK_MAILNAMES_D /var/qmail/mailnames

CahitE

Document any changes you make to that configuration.

That way if for some reason your config changes get overidden by a future Plesk update you perform you can go back and make sure they are the right settings.

Always document any changes you make when configuring Plesk from its stock (default) installation.

File locations and data that you change.

Back