• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change default hostname for new mysql users

Thomas Spalinger

New Pleskian
Where can i change the default host for new mysql users.
I thought plesk user localhost as default... but for some reason on my installation '%' is the default. Is there a simple way to change the default for new created users?

As I know '%' for Host is hardcoded and can't be changed. '%' means access from any host.
I can recommend you use Event manager with 'Database user account created' Event with some script for changing '%' to 'localhost' in mysql.user table after creating new DB user.

Thanks.

For others that have the same "problem", I created a bash script called in the event (runned as pmaadm, but could be any other user that can run mysql) and in the script there is the following command:
/usr/bin/mysql --user=admin --password="`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`" --database=mysql --execute="update user set host='localhost' where user='${NEW_DATABASE_USER_NAME}'; update db set host='localhost' where user='${NEW_DATABASE_USER_NAME}'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;"

this works for local mysql server only.

Back