• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change default mail domain server-wide

Mauzer

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CloudLinux 8.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Version 18.0.49
Our clients are coming from cPanel.

When they go to the Manual Mail Settings it lists the incoming and going servers as:

domain.com

instead of

mail.domain.com

I cannot find the setting page in Plesk Obsidian (linux) where I can change this from domain.com to mail.domain.com for all domains (existing and new).

Please advise?

The mail server is located on the same host. For that reason it has the same name as the host. The hostname is configured in Tools & Settings > General Settings > Server Settings > Full hostname. If you wish to also address the host with a "mail" subdomain (e.g. because you need an SSL certificate for that), I suggest that you create a subscription or domain under your admin account with that domain and equip it with SSL there. Your clients should then be able to access the mail server with the "fake" subdomain account as that will still resolve to the mail server, but can have its own SSL cert.

If you question is on changing the SMTP banner in Postfix, this guide will help you:

Hi Peter,

My query relates to the attached screen.

Instead of showing the Incoming and Outgoing as domain.com, we would like it to show mail.domain.com for the clients when the manually configure their domains.

Because some clients point the primary A records to other providers (like Wix.com), so we don't want then to point their domains to domain.com.

Attachments

• Mail-of-dotnetrix-co-za-Control-Panel.png
    Mail-of-dotnetrix-co-za-Control-Panel.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 38
Tools & Settings > Mail > Mail Server Settings > Mail Autodiscover > Specify a custom domain name for mail autodiscover

But make sure that the URL you enter there exists on the server and is equipped with an SNI SSL configuration so that it can really be used for mail with SSL. How to do this I already described above.

Note that specifying a custom domain name for autodiscover (via Tools & Settings > Mail > Mail Server Settings > Mail Autodiscover) does change the auto discover configuration. But does not change the settings displayed in the "manual setup" window, as shown in your screenshot. To change the settings displayed there you'll have to add the settings shown below to your panel.ini file.

Code:
[mail]
clientConfig.incomingServer = "<hostname>"
clientConfig.outgoingServer = "<hostname>"
clientConfig.incomingProtocols = "POP3 over SSL/TLS, IMAP over SSL/TLS"
clientConfig.outgoingProtocols = "SMTP over SSL/TLS"

Note that specifying a custom domain name for autodiscover (via Tools & Settings > Mail > Mail Server Settings > Mail Autodiscover) does change the auto discover configuration. But does not change the settings displayed in the "manual setup" window, as shown in your screenshot.
I am impressed. Always learning something new.

Note that specifying a custom domain name for autodiscover (via Tools & Settings > Mail > Mail Server Settings > Mail Autodiscover) does change the auto discover configuration. But does not change the settings displayed in the "manual setup" window, as shown in your screenshot. To change the settings displayed there you'll have to add the settings shown below to your panel.ini file.

Code:
[mail]
clientConfig.incomingServer = "<hostname>"
clientConfig.outgoingServer = "<hostname>"
clientConfig.incomingProtocols = "POP3 over SSL/TLS, IMAP over SSL/TLS"
clientConfig.outgoingProtocols = "SMTP over SSL/TLS"
Fantastic, many thanks!

Back