• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change default mail in SOA Record

Kados21

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I would like to change the default mail (authorative contact) in SOA record. Currently, it is one defined in the Client section (http://kb.parallels.com/en/1229). When I create a new domain, I would like to have this : contact@<domain>. Is there somewhere I can simply do that ? Or where is the script which create the DNS records to directly modify it ?

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks for response, but I've already see this.

I want to change the default behaviour of Parralels, not change manually the email directly in the table. I project to have more than 1,000 websites and it will be boring to do this manually each time.

What do you suggest ?

Regards,
Kevin

You can try to use Event Manager for running special script after domain creation event. This script will update SOA record as you need.

OKay, thank you for your response. I've resolved my problem :

I've created a filed name "domain-dns-soa-handler.sh" with this content :
#!/bin/bash
query="UPDATE psa.dns_zone SET email='contact@$NEW_DOMAIN_NAME' WHERE name='$NEW_DOMAIN_NAME';"
/usr/bin/mysql -uLOGIN -pPASSWORD << eof
$query
eof
And I've configured a new event when the dns zone is updated to execute this script

Thank you for your time Igor.

Regards,
Kevin

Back