• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change default server IP?

deltatech

Regular Pleskian
My server has 2 interfaces but only one which is public. When I look at the plesk home under system overview it shows my private IP that is on the private interface and not one of the public IPs.

I have tried blacklisting this IP in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and rereading with no effect.

I haven't seen any negative effects on having that displayed as the server's primary interface other than looking pretty stupid. Is there any way to change this? Where is it getting this from?

When I look in Tools & Settings -> Ip Addresses I see two bold highlighted IP addresses. They are the primary IP from the public interface and the only IP from the private interface which plesk chose to put on the admin home page as the system IP.

Hi deltatech,

the following official Plesk documentation should help you to configure your private IP:

That doesn't apply. I am not running using NAT. I have several public IPs on my primary interface. The secondary interface is only used as a lan for doing backups and some more secure privileged activity. The main primary server IP should be one of the IPs on the primary network interface which has nothing but public IP addresses.

Back