• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change default SMTP Port in Plesk

shanmuga

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 aarch64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47.5
Hi,

I have noticed Plesk use default 25 port for sending mail. Unfortunately, my server provider blocks port 25 by default.

When i asked them they says to use 465, 587, or 2525 instead of 25.

How to change the default port?

This is not possible as it's not the way "sending email" works

What you are looking for is a relayhost configuration - with or without authentication, that depends on the server/smarthost you are using.
i.e. something like this in /etc/postfix/main.cf
Code:
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:USERNAME:PASSWORD
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt

relayhost = [smtp.relayhost.tld]:587

What you are looking for is a relayhost configuration - with or without authentication, that depends on the server/smarthost you are using.
i.e. something like this in /etc/postfix/main.cf
I have to do this with SSH or SFTP?. No way to change in Plesk UI?

Is Port 25 is mandatory to send mails?

a) this file does not look like a "default" main.cf configuration file on a Plesk server....or it's already very heavily customized.
b) if you don't have a "relayhost =" line in that file, you can simply add it.

Best you run "postconf -f | grep relayhost" first, before you make any changes, to really see what is currently set on your server. ("postconf -f " does show ALL configuration settings, including all the default stuff that is not set in the main.cf)

I have imunify360 installed on VPS, do i need to do anything to enable port 465 or 587, see the attached its not connecting in WHMCS

1698061959605.png

Back