• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

change default start page from index.html

C

cgrenda

I am trying to change the start page when you go to http://myDomain.com from the index.html to default.asp. I have gone into the IIS seting on my 2003 box and put the default.asp and default.htm names to the top of the run order list. It said that it updated the "~filename" and if I go to the vhost file and then the domain I can see that the "~filename" file has been updated. When I go to www.myDomain.com it automatically looks for the index.html file. If I put the .asp file in the url it finds it fine. Any ideas where this setting is? I am reading the manuals, but have had no luck so far.

Found issue

After playing with the IIS settings several times I finally decided to start deleting them out of the Document tab in IIS. I left the @_index.html till last because I didn't know if this was a Plesk needed file or not. Of course it was the one causing my issues. Once it was removed I could add the html, htm. asp, and aspx extentions in the order that I wanted and it is working fine now.

Guess I should have played more first but I am new to Plesk and didn't want to blow up my first attempt at setting up an account.

That was really informative.

But did you really have to go to IIS from Remote Desktop to manage this?

Plesk allows you to customize IIS preference for each domain from the domain management area - Web Directories > Preferences

Back