• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Domain

S

sedatedworld

I am using Plesk 7.5.3 and have an issue.

My hosting is set up with MediaTemple. Now I have a virtual-dedicated box as opposed to a shared server setup with them.

The problem I am having is this.

When the server was first set up the primary domain that was set up with it is not the same as the primary domain now.

I changed the default domain in the admin panel but when my firewall tries to connect to the server, it resolves the old primary domain.

Is there a special config file that might have the server settings in it that is not updated through the admin panel?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

When posting it's always best if you post details on your server's components - OS, version of Plesk, etc. That will make it easier to give proper answers to your questions.

Are you speaking of the server's hostname or the domain that is default for the server's shared IP?

Originally posted by phoenixisp
When posting it's always best if you post details on your server's components - OS, version of Plesk, etc. That will make it easier to give proper answers to your questions.

Are you speaking of the server's hostname or the domain that is default for the server's shared IP?

Sorry about that.

I am running Plesk 7.5.3 on a Red Hat box.

It is neither the hostname or the default domain.

I don't know what the actual name for it would be. It is something that can't be changed in the server admin. It is related to the domain that the server was set up with.

I wonder if there is a config file that I can access through SSH or something, that lets me change more detailed server info.

Back