• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Change main IP in plesk server, additional question

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello everybody,

I follow this article to change main plesk IP and all works perfect. Also I removed the old IP from the server manually. All worked perfectly. But I have a question

I did it in a debian server and the new IP I configure in Plesk has a different mask and a different gateway than the old IP. But in the support article you don´t update the mask or the Gateway, just the IP.

If I access to the debian itself, in the net configuration I can see the old IP, the old mask and the old gateway. So it is there but the IP is deleted. So you can see an IP that does not work.

The question is: Do I have to update the info on the debian system itself? Or just with the plesk change is all I have to do?

Both mask and gateways works today but the old ones will be switched off soon so I dont know if I do all well in order to work when the old gw and mask will be switched off.

Thank you

Back