• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change MS SQL default install path

M

Michael Andrews

I have the default install path change in sql server to a drive like E:\sqlserver\somefolder
It works when I create a database manually, but when I create one in plesk, it still creates it under c:\program files....
How do i tell plesk to create it under a different directory?

Try to change path for MYSQL_VAR_D in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config

I changed that but it still created the DB in c:\program files.... any other ideas?

I'm trying to change the default path of the ms sql not mysql if that helps any.

Did you try

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Setup

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Setup

Ok new question. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\
I have MSSQL10.InstanceName
Under that in setup I have SQLPath that = c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql10.sql2008\mssql
However when a database created with plesk the path is c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql10.sql2008\mssql\data
Would that be the right thing to change?

Don't use \data. By default it's always written to the child folder data. So its not needed in the registry value. If you did then then the databases would be saved to ../data/data

So I changed those but the DBs are still going in under c:\program files\... do I need to reset IIS or restart the server or something for these changes to work?

Back