• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change name-based to ip-based

N

no_soup

Hi,

I need to change an existing website from a name-based configuration to IP-based. This must be pretty easy, since nobody on the web explains how to do it, but I can't find it in the Plesk interface. I've looked in the domain setup, new domain configuration, domain template, and client preferences.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Karen

If you have a spare IP, set this IP as 'exclusive' in Plesk (Server -> IP Addresses), then assign the domain to it (Clients -> <client> -> IP Pool) then (Domains -> <domain> -> Setup).

Then remember to set that domain as the 'Default' for that IP in Plesk (Server -> IP Addresses -> click on the zero under the 'Hosting' column -> checkmark the domain -> click link 'Set as Default')

Always double check the domain's DNS after these changes to make sure it's all been changed to the proper IP. Now you can browse to the domain by the IP, and that IP is strictly going to be for that domain.

i have a similar question.

I have multiple sites on one IP.

How can i access one of the sites thru the ip address without going the domain name ?

is it possible?

for example: www. ipaddress/~one of the sites..

thx

For each IP on a given server, you can set the Default Domain for that IP.

In the control panel, go to Server -> IP Addresses.

On the line for the IP address, click on the number (usually zero) under the column "Hosting".

Then select the domain you wish to have as the Default for that IP, then click on the "Set as Default" link.

Now when you browse to http://11.22.33.44 you will be given the default domain's home page.

You would not put the www. part as you posted.

Back