• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Number of Backups Archives Kept

Brian H

New Pleskian
Currently, my Plesk 9.5.2 (Windows 2003) server keeps 30 copies of backups across all domains during it's scheduled 4:00am server wide backup. I would like to reduce this down to 15 since backups are taking up far too much space. Any way this can be done?

Backups are NOT scheduled per-domain. I just use the server-wide backup script. I can't seem to find any options for that, and the "backup settings" tool under "server settings" has almost no configuration options.

I see that the plesk "Daily script task" that I think runs the backup points to:

-q -dauto_prepend_file="" -c php.ini "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DailyMaintainance\script.php" but script.php looks like a compiled PHP file so I can't make any edits there.

Any ideas? Also, by default, does the plesk server-wide backup script enable: "disable this domain during backup"?

Thanks!

-Brian

Was there no way to tell plesk to store fewer days of backups? From 30 days down to, say, 15? One option would be to write a windows scheduled task to clean up the backup directory and remove anything older than 15 days, but I am not sure if content doesn't change, does mura reference old backup archives or does each backup go into brand new archive ZIPs dated today?

-Brian

Come on guys, anything? My server is burning up here keeping 30 copies of all sites, emails, etc. It means that my harddrive footprint is 31X what it should be I need to find a way to reduce this to only 10 days worth, instead of 30.

Can someone at least tell me if it is safe to run a scheduled task to ERASE all files in the backup directory that are older than 10 days? I need to make sure that there are no incremental backups that reference old files. I would think not.

Please. Thanks!

-Brian

Back