• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Root Pass / enable brute-force blocking /Change MySql Pass & Access

N

nonliner

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how:

1) Change Root Pass ?

2) enable brute-force blocking

3) Change MySql Pass & if there is a url for Access mysql or is only localhost ?

thnks!!!

Can anyone tell me how:

1) Change Root Pass ?

Login as root and use the passwd command.

2) enable brute-force blocking

For SSH you mean? There are a lot of tools that do this. You could chech out Fail2ban, DenyHosts, APF, etc.

3) Change MySql Pass & if there is a url for Access mysql or is only localhost ?

Do you mean the MySQL admin password? That is always the same as the Plesk admin password. If you change Plesk's admin password the MySQL admin password will also change. The passwords for normal database users can be changed through Plesk as well. Don't change the admin password directly in MySQL or Plesk will probably stop working.

If you're not firewalling port 3306 you can access your MySQL databases remotely using your server's IP addresses or any domain that is pointing to one of those addresses. I believe by default only access from localhost is allowed, but you can change localhost to any address (or even % if you want to allow access from any address) yourself for any user you like.

Back