• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Change Server Hostname

Andrew_Pa

Regular Pleskian
Hello to eveyone and I am sorry for this duplicate post, but the first one wrote in wrong category.

I have some questions about changing hostname in Plesk Panel.

Let's say I have a hosted domain in my server which has a website. This domain.com. Can I set a subdomain like server.domain.com and set it for hostname?

1) What is the procedure for this? Should I add a subdomain in the subscrption of the panel and then add this subdomain on the Home>Tools & Setting > Server Settings

2) I see all the settings of Mailman has the old hostname. If I change it I should go to Mailman and change them too?

3) Should I do something else for the change?

Thank you very much for you help and your time!

Andrew, Setting the hostname for your server does not require you to have a sub-domain created first! What really matters is make sure that your hostname resolves to the IP address of your server.

Thank you abdi very much for your answer.

So if I am understand correct, if I have a domain, hosted in my server then can I go and insert my server hostname for example server.mydomain.com . Is this correct?

Also should I do anything else? I see in mailman configuration has hostname options with the old hostname...

Thank you abdi very much for your answer.

So if I am understand correct, if I have a domain, hosted in my server then can I go and insert my server hostname for example server.mydomain.com . Is this correct?

Yes that is correct ...

Also should I do anything else? I see in mailman configuration has hostname options with the old hostname...
If you like you can change the hostname to the new one you set above ...(server.mydomain.com)

But please take note that server.mydomain.com should resolve to the IP address of your server ...

Everything works perfect after changing the hostname of my server!

But I think there is a little problem! I cannot receive system emails! ( I check it because after a cron completed I did not receive email)

I found this article : http://kb.parallels.com/en/9477

Is this the solution of my problem? If yes should I go to my domain and create these email accounts? Or should I go to the main email of my domain and add email aliases as described in the articles?

After that a receive the system email in my main mailbox of my domain ?

Thank you very much!

I cannot receive system emails!

Avoid the keyword system when you are referring to the general email service on your server ...System can easily be confused with Root Emails / Notifications as I thought at first :)

Back