• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Change Strict SQL Mode

NEWCHILD

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm running:

OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #20, last updated on Aug 29, 2017 03:47 AM.

Please how do i disable strict sql mode.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Tolu

Hi NEWCHILD,

depending to your UNIQUE
Code:
sql_mode=XXXXXXX,XXXXXXX,XXXXXXX
... settings at your "my.cnf" - configuration file, you are always able to adjust this with for example:
Code:
sql_mode=""

Pls. don't forget to restart your MySQL - service after your changes.

Hello UFHH01,

Please how do i locate
settings at your "my.cnf" - configuration file, you are always able to adjust this with for example:
etc/my.cnf doesn't have anything llike that. It's running Maria DB 10.2.8

Please advise.
Regards
Tolu

Hi NEWCHILD,

if the output of the command
Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e "SELECT @@sql_mode;"
shows possible "strict mode" settings, you should post your configuration file, which might include additional configuration files.

In addition, pls. be aware, that on some systems, there are as well additional "my.cnf" files at for example "/root". Pls. locate such files with for example a "locate" - search:
Code:
locate my.cnf
( the usage of the command "locate", requires the "mlocate" - package to be installed on your server and requires "mlocate - db - updates" with the command "updatedb" on a regulary basis! )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NEWCHILD,

if the output of the command
Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e "SELECT @@sql_mode;"
shows possible "strict mode" settings, you should post your configuration file, which might include additional configuration files.

In addition, pls. be aware, that on some systems, there are as well additional "my.cnf" files at for example "/root". Pls. locate such files with for example a "locate" - search:
Code:
locate my.cnf
( the usage of the command "locate", requires the "mlocate" - package installed on your server and requires "mlocate - db - updates" with the command "updatedb" on a regulary basis! )

This is what i got from running the command.

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e "SELECT @@sql_ mode;"
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------+
| @@sql_mode |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------+
| STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_S UBSTITUTION |

[root@vmi118152 ~]# locate my.cnf
-bash: locate: command not found

Hi NEWCHILD,

sorry, but we can't move any further without configuration files and I am just able to repeat myself:

-bash: locate: command not found
As already stated, you NEED the "mlocate" - package to be installed on your server, if you desire to use the "locate" - command. ;)
( the usage of the command "locate", requires the "mlocate" - package to be installed on your server and requires "mlocate - db - updates" with the command "updatedb" on a regulary basis! )
Pls. install the package and run the "updatedb" - command afterwards, before you try out
Code:
locate my.cnf
again. ;)

If you don't post your configuration files as suggested
you should post your configuration file, which might include additional configuration files.
... people willing to help you have no chance to investigate further and additional suggestions can't be done. :(

The output of
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -e "SELECT @@sql_ mode;"
| @@sql_mode |
| STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_S UBSTITUTION |
... shows clear, that you have some "sql_mode" - settings, which leads again to my first post: => #2

Hi NEWCHILD,

sorry, but we can't move any further without configuration files and I am just able to repeat myself:

As already stated, you NEED the "mlocate" - package to be installed on your server, if you desire to use the "locate" - command. ;)
Pls. install the package and run the "updatedb" - command afterwards, before you try out
Code:
locate my.cnf
again. ;)

If you don't post your configuration files as suggested

... people willing to help you have no chance to investigate further and additional suggestions can't be done. :(

The output of

... shows clear, that you have some "sql_mode" - settings, which leads again to my first post: => #2

This is what i got:

/etc/my.cnf
/etc/my.cnf.d
/etc/my.cnf.rpmnew
/etc/my.cnf.d/enable_encryption.preset
/etc/my.cnf.d/mysql-clients.cnf
/etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf
/etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf

on checking /etc/my.cnf i have:

[mysqld]
bind-address = ::ffff:127.0.0.1
local-infile=0
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0
# Settings user and group are ignored when systemd is used.
# If you need to run mysqld under a different user or group,
# customize your systemd unit file for mariadb according to the
# instructions in Systemd - FedoraProject

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log
pid-file=/var/run/mariadb/mariadb.pid

#
# include all files from the config directory
#
!includedir /etc/my.cnf.d

Please advise.

Regards
Tolu

Hi NEWCHILD,

unfortunately, you don't provide the content of the additional configuration files, even that you must have seen the include:
Code:
:(

This situation still leaves us without needed informations, where "sql_mode" has been configured on your server. So pls. post the output of the example "find" commands:
Code:
find /etc -type f -name "*.cnf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
Code:
find /etc/my.cnf.d -type f -name "*.cnf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
Code:
find /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d -type f -name "*.conf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
... and adjust the "find" - command examples with other "name" - definitions, if you can't find the setting already with the provided examples. ;)

Afterwards, you should follow the suggestion from => #2 , to modify the found setting to your desire. :)

Hi NEWCHILD,

unfortunately, you don't provide the content of the additional configuration files, even that you must have seen the include:
Code:
:(

This situation still leaves us without needed informations, where "sql_mode" has been configured on your server. So pls. post the output of the example "find" commands:
Code:
find /etc -type f -name "*.cnf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
Code:
find /etc/my.cnf.d -type f -name "*.cnf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
Code:
find /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d -type f -name "*.conf" -exec grep --color -Hni "sql_mode" {} \;
... and adjust the "find" - command examples with other "name" - definitions, if you can't find the setting already with the provided examples. ;)

Afterwards, you should follow the suggestion from => #2 , to modify the found setting to your desire. :)

In my.cnf.d i have

clients.cnf, mysql-clients.cnf & server.cnf.

Their Contents are:

clients.cnf:

#
# These two groups are read by the client library
# Use it for options that affect all clients, but not the server
#

[client]

# This group is not read by mysql client library,
# If you use the same .cnf file for MySQL and MariaDB,
# use it for MariaDB-only client options
[client-mariadb]

mysql-clients.cnf

#
# These groups are read by MariaDB command-line tools
# Use it for options that affect only one utility
#

[mysql]

[mysql_upgrade]

[mysqladmin]

[mysqlbinlog]

[mysqlcheck]

[mysqldump]

[mysqlimport]

[mysqlshow]

[mysqlslap]

Server.cnf:

#
# These groups are read by MariaDB server.
# Use it for options that only the server (but not clients) should see
#
# See the examples of server my.cnf files in /usr/share/mysql/
#

# this is read by the standalone daemon and embedded servers
[server]

# this is only for the mysqld standalone daemon
[mysqld]

# this is only for embedded server
[embedded]

# This group is only read by MariaDB-5.5 servers.
# If you use the same .cnf file for MariaDB of different versions,
# use this group for options that older servers don't understand
[mysqld-5.5]

# These two groups are only read by MariaDB servers, not by MySQL.
# If you use the same .cnf file for MySQL and MariaDB,
# you can put MariaDB-only options here
[mariadb]

[mariadb-5.5]

Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Tolu

Hi NEWCHILD,

please be a little creative and independent!

I already suggested some "find" - command - examples above, which you are able to change/modify in case that the location(s) or definition(s) don't fit to find the place, where your "sql_mode" - settings have been made.

If you are still not able to find the setting on your server, pls. consider to use for example the "Professional Administration Service", provided by Plesk:

Back