• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change the document root of domains

namanix

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
os_Debian 10.0
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.48_build1800221104.03
Hi there,

I hope someone here can answer this question for me.
For a customer we've made a platform in Wordpress (Multisite) where they can easily deploy new websites from that one multisite Wordpress environment.
But using a Multisite means that you have 1 document root for multiple domains.

So for example.
site1.com is the main domain of the multisite
site2.com is a site on the same platform
site3.com is a site on the same platform
and so on and so on.

At first I did this using Alias domains. Which worked perfectly. But. Then they asked me: We want email addresses on those domains.
So for example [email protected]. Plesk doesn't support email adresses for alias domains.

So now I'm stuck with a problem
Normal domain: Email works but they can't use the same document root as the main domain (Site1.com in this example)
Alias domain: Website and multisite works perfectly but no email support.

I now want to use Normal domains for this to facilitate email support for those domains. How can I change the document root of for example site3.com to use the exact same document root as site1.com?

I really hope someone can help me with this issue!

Kind regards,
Kevin Walter

Hi Kaspar,

I've found out about the email aliasses to the primary domain and that is indeed not what I'm after.

I was writing a message on how this is not possible with the document root and then found out that as long as all the domains are in the same subscription they share document space on the server. If only I found out about this like 20 hours of work earlier..... That would have saved me reconfiguring an entire server...
Thank you so much. Even though it wasn't the actual answer. It made me look and found the answer!

Back