• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Change the primary domain in plesk

durovin

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have changed the primary domain name in Plesk, but when I tried to access the website with the new URL, it showed no Web site at this address.
However, when I changed back to the old domain name, it was fine.
I am not sure there are any settings I also need to change.
Can anyone help, please?
Thanks,
J

Maybe you forgot to create the DNS record that pointing on your server.
Can you write here the new URL that you try to use?

Hi,
Thanks for your message again.
you are right port 8443 is the plesk login screen.
But the url https://www.durovinbathroom.com should be directed to its website.
I got this message when I tried to access webstie:
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Attachments

• 2022-01-23.png
    2022-01-23.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 3
Maybe you set www.durovinbathroom.com in Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL (under “General Settings”).
Right?

This is not a good choice, I suggest you to change it with server.durovinbathroom.com or plesk.durovinbathroom.com
After that you have to create a DNS record A (server or plesk) wich point to 217.160.90.186

Take a look here: Customizing Plesk URL

To customize the Plesk login URL (in the Plesk interface):

1. Go to Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL (under “General Settings”).
  2. Select the desired login option. If you choose to log in using the second option, also specify the domain or subdomain.
  3. Click Save.
The selected way of logging in becomes available to all Plesk users. For example, if you select the second option, you, your customers, and resellers will log in to Plesk by browsing Example Domain or https://plesk.example.com.

Hi,
Changing the Plesk URL didn't resolve my problem. the website is showing Web Server's Default Page no Web site at this address.
durovinshowroom.co.uk was my first domain when I set up the webserver, then I have changed with a different domain name. It seems it didn't work.

Hi,
I didn't solve the problem. Instead of changing the domain name, I just added a new domain. But I really want to know why I could not just change the domain name, I guess it is something to do with the SSL Certificate in Plesk.

Back