• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Change version of self compiled PHP executables not working

jos_v

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Change version of self compiled PHP executables not working
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core), 18.0.20 CentOS 7 1800191029.11
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
After registering php handlers of my self compiled php-fpm executables it is not possible to change these versions via Plesk GUI or Plesk command line.

However I can change the PHP version of a subscription when I move domain.conf from one PHP pool to another.

For example move /usr/local/php56/etc/php-fpm.d/domain.conf to /usr/local/php73/etc/php-fpm.d/domain.conf. And then restart systemd services of these PHP versions.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- compile your own PHP version
- create systemd service for this PHP version
- register your php handler in Plesk for example /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/php_handler.php --add -id php56-fpm -displayname 5.6.37 -path /usr/local/php56/sbin/php-fpm -clipath /usr/local/php56/bin/php -phpini /usr/local/php56/lib/php.ini -type fpm -service php56-fpm -poold /usr/local/php56/etc/php-fpm.d

- change php version of your subscription. plesk bin site -u domain.com -php_handler_id php56-fpm​
ACTUAL RESULT:
In Plesk GUI you don't get an error message. It looks like the php version changed. But it didn't.

In Plesk CLI you get the following result.

SUCCESS: Update of domain 'domain.com' completed.

ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/phpinimng' '--type' 'fpm' '--service' 'php56-fpm' '--poold' '/usr/local/php56/etc/php-fpm.d' '--restart'] with exit code [1]
ERR [panel] Remove PHP-FPM config for domain.com due to service failure: phpinimng failed: Don't know how to detect if 'php56-fpm' service is registered on CentOS 7.7.1908
ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/phpinimng' '--type' 'fpm' '--virtual-host' 'domain.com' '--service' 'php56-fpm' '--poold' '/usr/local/php56/etc/php-fpm.d' '--remove'] with exit code [1]
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskUtilException: phpinimng failed: Don't know how to detect if 'php56-fpm' service is registered on CentOS 7.7.1908 in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php:210
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PHosting/Apache.php(611): Service_Agent->execAndGetResponse('phpinimng', Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PHosting/Apache.php(579): PHosting_Apache->deletePhpFpmConfiguration('domain.com...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: PHosting_Apache->restartPhpFpmBatch()
#3 {main}
thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php on line 210
exit status 255​
EXPECTED RESULT:
I expect php version of the subscription would change without any error.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Need root ssh access to investigate a problem. Therefore I suggest you contact Plesk Support Team.

Back