• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change vhost path

G

Gavin Sandie

Hello,

Currently on one of our windows plesk installs we have vhosts setup at C:\Inetpub\vhosts. I want to change this location, I also want to change the path that each domain is using:

e.g. C:\Inetpub\vhosts\website1.com -> C:\Inetpub\vhosts\website1\

Digging about I've found the websrvmng.exe tool, however I cannot find any documentation on how this tool should be used. "websrvmng.exe --help" gives a plethora of options but nothing that really describes what they do.

I've tried to use the following:

websrvmng.exe --get-vdir --vhost-name=website1.com

This seems to give me an XML blob for the domain, I can save this blob to a file and then try to update the vhost with:

websrvmng.exe --update-vdir --vhost-name=website1.com --vdir-config --via-file=D:\test.xml

However I get an error:

"The parameter is incorrect.
at load"

Is there any documentation for websrvmng.exe? Are there any instructions for changing the directory that a domains hosting is using? So far searching the forums, google and the knowledge base is not giving me any results.

Thanks, Gavin

plesk reconfigurator

Hi,

u can change the vhosts location using plesk reconfigurator.

Access reconfigurator from start menu and you will get the option to change the vhost location.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the vhost reconfigurator but it would appear that it would move the location of the vhosts to a new location.

E.g. if vhosts are in C:\inetput\vhosts you could move them all to D:\data\vhosts

What I was looking to to do was just change the path used for an actual site:

e.g. C:\inetpub\vhosts\www.website.com\ to be C:\inetpub\vhosts\website\

Normally this would be quite straight forward from within IIS.

I'm in the process of creating a test enviroment to play with the vhost reconfigurator and the websrvmng.exe tools to see if it is possible to get them to do what I need.

Regards, Gavin

Back