• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changed IP address, default plesk page?

clinton4

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I just changed to a exclusive IP addresse for a domain. Now, i know it will take some time before the ISP's updates the changes. But, should i or should i not see the webpage when i visit the new IP addresse in my browser? I only get the default plesk page when i visit the IP addresse.

Hi,

You will also need to set the default domain for that specific address. Plesk does not automatically set it when the ip is changed to a dedicated one. Just go to Settings -> Ip Addresses -> 1.2.3.4 -> set the default domain and click OK.
You will then be able to access the website via IP.

Have fun! :D

We are having problems setting the sites default to the ip address. We're migrating over sites and we're using the domain to "set as default" for the ipaddress to preview site and make sure everything got transferred... We are using Media Temple and plesk 10.1.1. Any idea of why its not working?

Unable to get the Plesk 'Default Site' feature to resolve to the domain

@JacksonK Did you resolve this issue? I'm running 10.1.1 and can not change the default site for an IP either. It doesn't seem to want to change from the first site that was setup on that IP.

Nope no one every responded so i just went ahead and did live development. We are hosted at Media Temple and they couldn't even figure it out so they sent me over here.

Back