• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Changing a Domain in Plesk for Ruby on Rails app & MySQL DB

D

dkanders

Guest
Hello All,

I have a Ruby on Rails app running with Apache, MySQL, and Mongrel on a dedicated linux server.

I have it at people.myoldwebsite.com

but I want to change it to:

people.mynewwebsite.com

I have created the new physical domain in Plesk.

I have copied the vhost.conf file over and changed everywhere that it says people.myoldwebsite.com to people.mynewwebsite.com.

I have also copied all the application files/folders over to the new vhost domain.

The MySQL database that I'm using is attached to the old domain and the application server won't start under the new domain.

Does anyone know how to change a domain in Plesk? Can I just point the domain to the MYSQL database somehow? What else am I missing?

Thanks in advance, please let me know if I need to provide more information. Even if there is a book I can read, I'd love a recommendation.

Best,
Dustin
 
Back
Top