• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing default FIrewall settings

J

jwdick

Plesk 7.5.4 FC-2

I am having problems changing the default firewall settings ( doesn't matter which setting I try to change, same error message ) in Plesk firewall module.

The error message says:

"SAFEACT: /usr/local/psa/var/module/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed

IPTABLES: No chain/target/match by that name."

I have had some attempts by others to break into my server via SSH. What I wanted to do was to allow my home ip address and deny all others. I have searched Google and this forum for the meaning of the above message but if the answers were here, I missed them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

Try to change the firewall in command line, I am not sure why you get this error in Plesk, but anyway you will not be able to solve the problem in Plesk.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I could make the changes through Plesk, but I suspected that I would have to use the command line. I am not real confident ( still a newbie ) with that as yet but I'm learning!

Back