1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing default FIrewall settings

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jwdick, Sep 26, 2005.

1. jwdick

jwdick Guest

Plesk 7.5.4 FC-2

I am having problems changing the default firewall settings ( doesn't matter which setting I try to change, same error message ) in Plesk firewall module.

The error message says:

"SAFEACT: /usr/local/psa/var/module/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed

IPTABLES: No chain/target/match by that name."

I have had some attempts by others to break into my server via SSH. What I wanted to do was to allow my home ip address and deny all others. I have searched Google and this forum for the meaning of the above message but if the answers were here, I missed them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jack

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Try to change the firewall in command line, I am not sure why you get this error in Plesk, but anyway you will not be able to solve the problem in Plesk.

3. jwdick

jwdick Guest

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I could make the changes through Plesk, but I suspected that I would have to use the command line. I am not real confident ( still a newbie ) with that as yet but I'm learning!