• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Changing default FIrewall settings

J

jwdick

Guest
Plesk 7.5.4 FC-2

I am having problems changing the default firewall settings ( doesn't matter which setting I try to change, same error message ) in Plesk firewall module.

The error message says:

"SAFEACT: /usr/local/psa/var/module/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed

IPTABLES: No chain/target/match by that name."

I have had some attempts by others to break into my server via SSH. What I wanted to do was to allow my home ip address and deny all others. I have searched Google and this forum for the meaning of the above message but if the answers were here, I missed them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack
 
Try to change the firewall in command line, I am not sure why you get this error in Plesk, but anyway you will not be able to solve the problem in Plesk.
 
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I could make the changes through Plesk, but I suspected that I would have to use the command line. I am not real confident ( still a newbie ) with that as yet but I'm learning!
 
Back
Top