• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing passwords after restore :-(

Jerry3

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 11.5 ws newly installed and I have moved backup from old server to it. Restoring went ok, but it changed all the passwords, to mail, ftp, everything. WHY? I want my old passwords, because clients use them.

Plesk is 11.50.

When you restore a backup there are 3 options to resolve the conflicts during restore. It looks like you have restored the backup using option 'Use configuration and data from backup'. Only in this case passwords could be restored.

If you need to revert the passwords then it might be done but only by an experienced person. I would not recommend to try to do it if you have no needed knowledges. I believe Parallels support team can perform such task but it is of out of scope of support agreement and will be considered as service request.

Thanx, I found the problem. The backup was password protected and I didn't supply the password on restore ;-)

Back