• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Changing PHP Handler doesn't work from GUI

ilijamt

Basic Pleskian
After restoring Plesk installation from backup I started having a lot of problems, even though I had a full backup.

If I try to change the handler to FastCGI from the GUI, it updates but the domain is not set to use FastCGI, but if I do the same from the command line it works I don't have any issues, but if I update the service plan to use FastCGI it won't switch it to the correct one.

Is there a way to make this work so I don't have to go over all of the domains to enable this, but even so if I do, next time I want to switch I need to do it from the command line.

Code:
             id:  display name:  full version:  version:    type:                               cgi-bin:  php-cli:                               php.ini:  custom:
             cgi         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4      cgi                      /usr/bin/php5-cgi                            /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false
         fastcgi         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4  fastcgi                      /usr/bin/php5-cgi                            /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false
          module         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4   module                      /usr/bin/php5-cgi                            /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false
  php-5.5.26-cgi         5.5.26         5.5.26       5.5  fastcgi  /usr/local/php-5.5.26-cgi/bin/php-cgi            /usr/local/php-5.5.26-cgi/etc/php.ini     true
  php-5.6.10-cgi         5.6.10         5.6.10       5.6  fastcgi  /usr/local/php-5.6.10-cgi/bin/php-cgi            /usr/local/php-5.6.10-cgi/etc/php.ini     true

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --update <domain> -php_handler_id php-5.6.10-cgi

Also changing the plan to a different version of PHP doesn't work, it will not update the the configuration files the version will still remain the same.

Also running the SQL;

Code:
select dom_id,php,php_handler_id,name from hosting left join domains on domains.id = hosting.dom_id where php='true'

Doesn't reflect the changes, if I issue the command to change the domain from the command line, then the database will have the correct entry, otherwise no, it won't change.

Back