• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing plesk-stat/webstat to a password protected directory error

aremdee

Basic Pleskian
As suggested I'm going to post separate threads for the other two questions/problems I'm having on the server. Changing plesk-stat/webstat to a password protected directory throws an "Error: ProtDirUser_IIS::update() failed: Update Protected Directory #196 user failed: Url 'plesk-stat' is not protected. (Error code 1)" error.

The error appears to only occur with AWStats from what I can gather. Have just turned it on for a domain using webalizer. We had an earlier issue with AWStats that led to the issue being addressed in an update. Perhaps I should be responding to the engineer's email to seek clarification as to whether this problem is related to the first. A snippet from the final email issued by the engineer is pasted below.

"After detailed investigation it was found that the issue is caused by the fact that AWStats database directory \statistics\webstat does not exist any more but system tries to search AWStat configuration file in wrong folder C:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\statistics\webstat. An internal issue with ID #138605 has been submitted, it will be fixed in one of upcoming releases of Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5.30."​

Actually now that I think of it this reminds me of another problem I've been having regarding stats which I'll put in another post tomorrow. Anyone have any idea as to why this new problem maybe happening please?

Thanks

Yes, issue #138605 links with your problem. It looks like your update/upgrade does not completed properly (for example in case of big amount of domains). Try to launch autoinstaller repeatedly.

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you help me to understand how I can launch the autoinstaller repeatedly. Tried to do that directly on the server and end up at the "Install and Update Parallels Products" page. Unfortunately I can't go further as the server is already updated. Is there some other way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Ok have tried that but am getting an error. The command I'm using in command prompt is "%plesk_dir%admin\bin\ai.exe" --upgrade-installed-components which returns the result of ERROR: You did not select any version.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for helping.

Ok I'll reply to my own query. Using "%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\ai.exe" --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components returns "You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components installed. Installation will not continue.

Is there some switch I can use to force the installer to reinstall over the top of the current installation?

Back