• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing principal domain in headers

E

emailadmin7788

No matter how many domains you add to Plesk whenever you send out an email via any SMTP the email header always shows the first domain you added to the server. Whether via webmail or SMTP.

I have even tried adding a separate "exclusive" IP address, creating a new client and then adding the domain to that new client.

Is there a way to work around this? I can't have the principal domain/ip on the server showing up in the headers of all emails we send out from any domain on the server.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem in Plesk 7.5. In the email header instead the sender domain IP appear the main IP of the server. How can I solve the problem?

I need to change email header domain Plesk 8.0.1. Any sugestion?

Qmail (not Plesk) associates itself with the server's primary IP address, which is usually also associated with the first domain created on the server.

To change this, you would have to obtain the qmail sources from SWSoft (I believe they have released them now for Plesk 8), and a qmail patch from qmail.org (I think it's Andy Repton's outgoingip.patch) and recompile qmail on your server. If you are not familiar with recompiling software packages on your *nix server, then you may want to reconsider doing this, or at least practice doing it on a TEST server.

To my recollection, SWSoft has never released the qmail sources for Plesk 7.xx, so you'd have to open a support ticket and request the 7.xx sources and see if they'll release them.

Back