• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Changing root/MySQL passwords

Execellent, I was already able to access the plesk db method but had not seen the first psa.shadow methos before and that works a treat, thank you!

Changing the administrator password in Plesk panel does not change the admin@localhost database password.

In order to update the admin@localhost DB user password to NEWPASSWORD:
1) Login to database
# plesk db
2) Run this SQL command:
UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('NEWPASSWORD') where user LIKE 'admin';
3) Replace the password listed in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow with NEWPASSWORD. Do not encrypt the new password, just replace the existing line with the new password.
Details: Unable to access Plesk on Linux: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

In order to update the administrator password of Plesk panel:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -u -passwd NEWPASSWORD
Details: How to retrieve/reset a password of the "admin" user in Plesk for Linux

I tried this method but after changing the password in psa.shadow I was unable to log into mysql on commandline or log into plesk via browsers.

Back