• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

changing the outbound email certificate

michaellunsford

Regular Pleskian
I posted this a year ago on the 7.5 forum without response. I'm hoping someone will know the answer here. Thanks!

To secure email transfers, I've installed a chained SSL certificate on my server (which required me to tweak the ssl.conf file for apache). I also had to generate a pop3d.pem file in the /usr/share/courier-imap directory. Inbound e-mail works wonderfully, but when I try sending e-mail, it's using a different certificate.

quote:
Mail was unable to verify the identity of this server, which has a certificate issued to "plesk".

What is pointing to the plesk certificate, and how do I get it pointing to the right one?

have a look at your system - soon you will recognize that not qmail supports the imaps and pop3s protocoll but courier-imap does

and then you'll want to look at
http://www.google.de/search?q=courier-imap+ssl+cert

or if this does not work for you have a look at
/usr/share/courier-imap/

congrats - you found the folder with the certificates in it

yes, the /usr/share/courier-imap/ folder is where I configured the pop3d.pem file last year (which is what shows up when clients receive their email). The problem is, when someone tries to send an email, they get a different certificate that has been issued to "plesk"

Where is theis "plesk" certificate? because it's not in the /usr/share/courier-imap/ folder.

found another four certs in /var/qmail/control

perhaps those they are ... tell me how to change them

you would have to generate new certificates and replace the old ones manually, I imagine.

It's too bad there isn't a plesk gui to do mail certificates. Maybe plesk 9?

ah hah! that's it!

/var/qmail/control/clientcert.pem

boo-yah. I copied /usr/share/courier-imap/pop3d.pem to /var/qmail/control/clientcert.pem (backing up the old certificate first, of course) and now all is copasetic.

Back