1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing to microsoft DNS

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by williamfock, Oct 26, 2008.

1. williamfock

williamfock Guest

If i am using Plesk 8.6.0 for Windows and using Bind DNS currently, can i change to Microsoft DNS server directly? Any implications or steps to do this?

2ndly i have issues with delegated reverse DNS. My server was delegated a range of DNS to do resolution of reverse DNS, however plesk could not resolve it properly and a check shows it does not have reverse dns.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
  3. williamfock

williamfock Guest

How abt the 2nd question abt delegated reverse dns?

4. gongcart

gongcart Guest

To enable windows server dns, you will have to use configure your server wizard or windows component installation from add/remove program. When u r asked to installed the DNS role, just create a root hint dns server.

And then go to plesk and refresh your server component. After you refresh your server componet, you can click on dns component links and switch to windows dns. Make sure that your hostname is your primary dns while it will become your primary dns in SOA records.

for reverse dns, you can setup the PTR record for that domain through plesk.

5. williamfock

williamfock Guest

Thanks a lot...You all have been a great help on this.