• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing to microsoft DNS

W

williamfock

If i am using Plesk 8.6.0 for Windows and using Bind DNS currently, can i change to Microsoft DNS server directly? Any implications or steps to do this?

2ndly i have issues with delegated reverse DNS. My server was delegated a range of DNS to do resolution of reverse DNS, however plesk could not resolve it properly and a check shows it does not have reverse dns.

To enable windows server dns, you will have to use configure your server wizard or windows component installation from add/remove program. When u r asked to installed the DNS role, just create a root hint dns server.

And then go to plesk and refresh your server component. After you refresh your server componet, you can click on dns component links and switch to windows dns. Make sure that your hostname is your primary dns while it will become your primary dns in SOA records.

for reverse dns, you can setup the PTR record for that domain through plesk.

Thanks a lot...You all have been a great help on this.

Back