• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Changing WordPress maximum upload file size with Plesk

calu

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.48_build1800221104.03 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Hi there, I have been reading about different ways of changing WordPress maximum upload file size, through SSH, code added to functions.php, but I'm thinking there must be a more convenient way to set this through Plesk panel. Apparently there are no way through WP Toolkit, and I can't find any extensions for this job either.

I have seen an extension somewere called MultiPHP INI Editor but this is not available in Plesk.

Any suggestions?

The maximum upload filesize is defined by max_upload_size in PHP (unless you are using an AJAX/asynchronous upload plugin in Wordpress), so you can simply edit the PHP setting on the PHP settings page, e.g.

1690812518676.png

Hello Peter, thank you very much for your prompt reply.

That was easy, I wonder why this simple solution does not come up when you search for "change wordpress upload size in Plesk".

Regards
Carsten

That's probably because it is not related to Wordpress, but to PHP. Wordpress is the application that uses PHP. And that is governed by the PHP settings.

That's probably because it is not related to Wordpress, but to PHP. Wordpress is the application that uses PHP. And that is governed by the PHP settings.
Peter, I was trying to solve the same problem and am also using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56. When I go to PHP Settings, I see a list of PHP Handlers.

I tried to change the php.ini file using the Plesk SSH terminal. This also did not seem to have any impact.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-07 194901.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 194901.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
Back