• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Checking which site is sending spam

Erick Nunes

Basic Pleskian
Hello, I would like to know how to find out which site from my plesk server is firing a lot of spam.

With what commands or log files do I see this?

Thank you.

First thing i'd check is the number of SMTP connections per each email account;

# zgrep 'sasl_method=LOGIN' /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog* | awk '{print $9}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head

If nothing looks out of the norm there, it's like something exploiting the PHP mail function. You can create a wrapper script which will basically add additional header information to the messages so that you can identify the source;

Many email messages are sent from PHP scripts on a server. How to find domains on which these scripts are running if Postfix is used?

You can also run the following which will show you in real time what PHP scripts are being hit;

# lsof +r 1 -p `ps axww | grep httpd | grep -v grep | awk ' { if(!str) { str=$1 } else { str=str","$1}}END{print str}'` | grep vhosts | grep php

Thank you !

Just a question, is the last command returning correct? Follow the return print

Attachments

• Screenshot at Feb 16 00-11-40.png
    Screenshot at Feb 16 00-11-40.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 27
Negative, the last time I used that was on a Plesk 10 box so it may not be accurate anymore. Sorry about that.

Back