• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CHMOD in the FTP.

G

Good Idea

Hi!

My customers angry because the Plesk doesn't support CHMOD(Permissions VIA FTP!!!)

Why Plesk doesn't support this option?!

It's one thing why customers have doubts about purchase..
IN HELM it possiable to set permssions via FTP, If SWsoft will do that, MY SUCCESS WILL BE SUCCEED.

Please take this option on!!!!

:(

Normaly it isn't possible to set permissions via a ftp client on a windows box, so my best guess to why it works in helm "if it really does" is that they are using theire own ftp server and not the build in on, like plesk uses.

That's correct, the MS FTP server doesn't allow FTP clients to modify ACL's because it would be a big honkin security hole.

IIRC Helm allows you to use Serv-U which is inherently less secure for the exact reasons the MS FTP service doesn't allow it.

The work around is to upload the files through FTP then use the control panel File Manager applet to set permissions.

CHMOD is a linux thing and you can change mode of an file only at ext2/ext3 file systems...

So this not an option to change mode of a file on a windows box.. (try on your pc) You can set user rights instead, from your cp..

Back